July 10, 2009

The Summer Sends Its Love

(or it would, if Canadian weather wasn't like that bitchy girl who was friends with you in high school... you know the type, cheery and warm one minute and then frigid and bitter the next)

Finally have some money in the bank and since I'm spending my days surrounded by clothes (benefits of being a part-time stand-in in the programs thrift shop), I fighting the urge not to go out and blow it all on clothes. The temptation is strong, but I've resisted so far save for a pair of faux gladiator sandals that I bought on the weekend (I say faux because they have rubber/stretchy band straps instead of leather ones... perfect for me, seeing as how my wide feet seem to rebel against any sandal that isn't a flip-flop). Also bought a new backpack... but I'll call it fashion since its ultra-sleek and a bright red plaid. Major upgrade from my battered old Roots backpack that I've owned for at least three years, which is ripped and dirty in lovely shades of black and dull gray.

Suitcase fashion is beginning to take a toll on me, but I'm feeling creative (and in love with neon colors at the moment... too much exposure to iCiNG by Gala Darling pour moi) so I'll be rocking my neon turquoise skinny pants with my heart surgery tee while I'm out on the town, viewing a shadowcast of the amazing Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode, 'Once More with Feeling'

Cheers darlings,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment