July 14, 2009

Five long years I thought you were my man, But I found out I'm just a link in your chain


Chain Gang necklace - Fred Flare

So non sequitur story here...
Two years ago, I got a job working at Ontario Place, which for those of you not in the know, is one of the worlds lamest kids theme parks. I had the amazing position of 'Ride Photo Operator' which basically meant I stood around all day and sold pictures of people on the log ride, as well as the thrilling task of monitoring the pictures for any non-OP appropriate behavior (you'd be amazed at how many 25+ women thought it was funny to flash the camera). One of the biggest sellers in my booth were these little plastic keychains in neon shades of glitter that hung from miniature ball-chain loops. Being the cheap establishment that OP is, the staff in the booth had to assemble the keychains themselves, which meant we always had huge bags of ball-chains lying around, which I liked to play with whenever I got bored...

If I'd only known that I could slap a 26 dollar price tag on those crude necklaces that I fashioned and sell them at well-known stores like Fred Flare, I would've quit OP the second week I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment