July 12, 2009

Rain and fire crossed that ocean, another mad man done struck again

I've had this incredible desire to be a gangster lately... and no, I'm not talking baggy pants, bling chains, six-pack 50 Cent type of gangster, but a real honest to goodness, roarin' twenties mobster.
I'm blaming this on the fact I went to see Public Enemies, starring my second favorite older man crush Johnny Depp (my one true love will always and forever be Tony Head... he might be old enough to be my dad, but with a voice like that, what girl could say no?). The gorgeous outfits in the film reawakened my love of all things 20's which was originally sparked on a trip across the States in grade ten, with a stop in Chicago for a "mobster" tour of the city...
It might look costumey, but I kind of want put finger waves in my hair, slick on some red lipstick and belt a trench coat over a drop-waist flapper dress... or at least procur the perfect fedora and baggy suit (I'm an equal opportunity dresser and have no issues with borrowing from guys fashions)
Is there a particular decade that inspires you, darlings? Perhaps you might adore patchwork skirts and peasant blouses (thank you Woodstock) or maybe mod dresses and white eyeshadow send that little thrill down your spine?

No comments:

Post a Comment