August 17, 2009

When I grow up I'll be stable, When I grow up I'll turn the tables

So as an experiment in fashion creativity, I decided to use Polyvore (my favorite in class/at work/etc distraction) to create outfits for my older alter-ego, Kat... (it's revealed... Kat is not my real name, just one of my many nicknames). So I posed the question to myself: If I could see eight years into the future, what would I look like?... and this is the result

A Day at the Office
A Day at the Office by so_lyrical featuring Marc by Marc Jacobs jeans
... Kat sighed as she pushed her glasses back up. The small diamond stud in her nostril sparkled as she scrunched her nose, frowning as she crossed out another line with her red wax pencil. "No no no," she murmured, chewing slightly on the end of the pencil.


... Kat's black boots dangled above the sticky concrete, as she leaned across the bar. The bartender might have been barely able to hear her above the pounding music, but no one would miss the urban pixie with the neon pink and blue dreads and homemade clutch, that left a blue glitter trail in her wake.


... Kat squinted as she emerged from the dusty book shop. The sunday morning sun was now high in the sky, sending spangles of light dancing off her pyramid stud earrings. She tucked her newest find into her eco-friendly tote and slipped onto the street, contemplating which restaurant she might escape off to, to sip at a cup of cafe-lait and pour over her new/old book.

So after completing this experiment, apparently Kat is very free-thinking and is able to afford John Galliano pants... interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment