August 19, 2009

A Fashion Conundrum

So, I'm in need of a new fall coat... I've been using the same navy blue blazer for years (Ultra-trendy wool coat from JC Penny, personalized with silver paint by moi in homage to my hero, Jimmy Urine) and I think it's time to give up the ghost.
I've got a couple of possibilities in mind, but have largely ruled most of them out for varying reasons... which results in my conundrum:


(Battalion Jacket in Black from Modcloth.com)

I loved this marching band style jacket, but at the price tag of $101 dollars, its a little more expensive than my broke college student funds can afford... so next contender:


(Sargeant Sally Jacket from Twicebitten.com)
I love the look of a blazer with a hoodie underneath. Especially a nice velvet one, especially one that's on sale for $30 like this military inspired blazer from Twice Bitten. However, I don't always trust online shops, particularly when they don't list all the materials that the jacket is made of on the site. So, still thinking about this one, but moving onto the next jacket...

(Bella Twilight Jacket by BB Dakota from ShopPlasticland.com)
This jacket is truly the source of my conundrum... it's military inspired, stylish and not too expensive. But it's also named for a character from one of my least favorite movies (I say movie not book, because I don't mind the books and I really really hate K-Stew), just because she wore it in the movie... and I don't want people thinking I bought the jacket because I'm sooooo in love with Twilight and want to marry Edward or something.

So thoughts, opinions, ideas? Should I suck it up and buy the cute coat and say to hell with the Twilight association or should I keep looking and try to find something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment