May 29, 2010

Shut up woman, get on my horse

Another bad experience with Urban Outfitters has left me wondering if even their sale prices are enough to ever tempt me back...
Long story short, I went in on the hunt for a nice, inexpensive lightweight beret/beanie/what-have-you. In the Sale section, found exactly what I was looking for; a simple, grey acrylic knit cap from Staring at Stars. It didn't have a tag but there were a lot of similar ones around it from the same brand that were all marked 9.99.
Went downstairs, waited about fifteen minutes in line (when you know you are a popular store, you think you might put some of the staff who are aimlessly milling about on cash, instead of having just two out of a possible five registers open) and then it was my turn.
Upon discovering there was no tag, the cashier told me she would have to look it up. After apparently being totally unable to find it, one of her co-workers went and found what they claimed was the same hat in another color... except it wasn't and it was not 9.99 but rather 29.99. When she rung it up, I waited for some sort of discount to bring it back to what I thought was the sale price, but then she told me it would be $32 with tax.
But it's on sale, I say, I mean, I found it in your very cluttered sale section.
Oh no, she tells me, this hat is the same as I just scanned in (even though it was clearly not... the one I picked up had raised lines of thread and a tight weave and the one she scanned was looser in shape with a lace-like pattern all over) and it's not on sale. This one must of been misplaced.
So predictably, me being the cheap-ass university student with no job and no $32 to spend on a small, knit beanie left my incredibly cute hat behind and went home, sans beanie. It was very apparent that the hat she used the price tag for was not the same as the one I was purchasing and the hat I wanted looked like it had been sitting in clearance for a while, so I have to wonder why they would try to tell me otherwise.
<3 you, Urban Outfitters, but I think I just might stick to buying from your website, because at least I know I won't get charged for an item I'm not buying

No comments:

Post a Comment